Smoothie: a thick, smooth drink of fresh fruit pureed with milk, yogurt, water, or ice cream.
I love smoothies! They are healthy, easy, and fun to make. It is also a great way to nourish your picky little ones with a combination of fresh fruit blended together in a cold drink. As a mom of two, I have come to realize that creativity is the key when trying to introduce your kids to healthy eating habits.
As a little girl growing up in Ghana, fresh fruits and vegetables was always a part of our daily diet. I remember having fresh fruits multiple times a day, and what mom wouldn't want to encourage their kids to experience the benefits of healthy eating. So here we are; me, sharing one of the multiple ways you can introduce your kids to a healthier lifestyle while making it a fun experience for them.
What I love about smoothies is the flexibility to choose what you want to incorporate into the healthy drink. You can even experiment with your kids by having them choose what fruits they would like to incorporate and coming up with something new altogether that the whole family can enjoy. For this recipe, we played with a few fruits coupled with OLLY Kids Protein Smoothie. OLLY Kids Protein Smoothie is a great way for my little ones to get the protein, fiber, and nutrients they need. I usually use the strawberry protein powder for berry smoothies and the chocolate mint protein powder for the banana smoother. Remember, imagination is key. You can choose to incorporate the Kids Protein Smoothie into this snack or just make your smoothie without it. After all, a smoothie can never taste bad if you know the right fruit or vegetable combination.
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
5 mins 1-2 mins 7 mins
- 10 blackberries
- 10 raspberries
- 5 strawberries cut
- 1 banana chopped
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup coconut water (add more coconut water if mixture is too thick)
- OLLY Kids Protein Smoothie Mix
- Recommend: strawberry protein powder for a berry smoothie and the chocolate mint protein powder for banana and almond butter smoothie
- Wash all fruits
- Cut the strawberries and bananas into slices
- Add the ice in the blender
- Incorporate fruits and coconut water
- Blend on low for 30 seconds and then on high for another minute
- Pour into cups (straw optional)
- Most importantly, get your kids involved and let them have fun making their smoothie!
Leave me a comment once you try this recipe. I would love to hear from you! xoxoxo