Ever wondered how simple it is to bake a perfectly moist, easy-to-make banana bread? Perhaps this delicious banana bread recipe can help you stick with any healthy eating-related goals.
Banana bread is one of my favorites of all time. It is one of those classic food recipes that the whole family can enjoy together. After all, everyone loves bananas!
I have been perfecting this banana bread recipe for a while now. It is wholesome, loaded with banana flavor, and just sweet enough. I personally think banana bread is a taste of heaven.
The ingredients for this yummy bread begins with four overripe bananas. Then comes the other basic essentials of flour, eggs, flax seeds, butter, and stevia powder or sugar to sweeten things up.
The banana bread recipe can be easily adapted or changed to suit your needs. You can add chopped walnuts or dried fruits, or cocoa powder and chocolate chips for the chocolate lovers. You can also use whole wheat flour as a healthier alternative instead of white flour but the banana bread may be a bit dense.
I prefer my banana bread plain. My kids love the taste of cinnamon in it so I usually mix a little cinnamon in my banana bread batter to give it a variance in flavor and texture. The hard part is waiting for the banana bread to cool once it is out of the oven. This was the perfect yummy weekend treat on a rather warm fall afternoon. You are going to love this delicious bread!
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
10 mins 1 hour 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cup white flour (optional replace with wheat flour)
- 2 eggs, beaten (for vegan option, see my older video on youtube)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar (or substitute 1 3/4 tablespoon stevia)
- 4 bananas, ripe and finely crushed
- optional: 1 teaspoon flax seed and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. You can also use parchment paper to line the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, banana and dry ingredients to the mixture along with the cinnamon and vanilla. Blend for another minute.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean. It should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool an additional 20 minutes before slicing.
For chocolate version, add 2 tablespoon natural cocoa powder to the mixture.