In a world of cake, it can be pretty overwhelming to choose your favorite dessert. Among these choices are chocolate, vanilla, lemon, banana, strawberry, and carrot. The list of choices can go on and on. In reality, I would have a hard time picking a favorite.
I get my love for carrot cake from my husband. He makes his family recipe carrot cake for us a few times a year and we never get tired of it. I'm sure you've experienced that dessert that you simply never tire of.
Carrot cake is one of those cakes that can be dressed up depending on your taste buds. You can have bold flavors by adding more shredded carrots, nuts, and cream cheese frosting to the cake. You can also have the flavor more mellow with less shredded carrots and no frosting. I usually tend to opt for this because it feels healthy without the frosting and can be a great complement with tea or coffee.
It's little wonder that I've been thinking of perfecting this family carrot cake recipe for a while now. A stress-free, quick and easy carrot cake dessert that is great to have on any day! Happy eating, my friends.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #louisemillen so I can see all the recipes you make. ♥
- 3 1/2 cup of cubed carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- optional: 1 cup crushed walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour twice
- Blend cubed carrots, eggs, and oil
- Mix dry ingredients together; flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar
- Add the dry ingredients to the blended carrot, eggs, and oil
- Mix the shredded carrots and walnuts (optional) with a spatula to the ingredients
- Bake for 45 minutes